Monday evening, 7pm
My goodness, I just heard the first crash of thunder since I've been here. It seems like we're having an evening thunderstorm. And there goes another one! I don't know why I'm so surprised...maybe because thunderstorms are one of my favorite things about summer in the US, and it is really nice to have something familiar here. Or maybe it is just surprising because I haven't been outside all day. Hmmm....What perfect weather to coze up and knit! Chris reminded me this evening of the baby blanket I started knitting when we first met. It was supposed to be for my little nephew---he's turning 3 this summer, and I'm a little more than half finished! At least I hope it will go a little bit faster now that I've learned Continental style of knitting. This style uses the left hand more--which is the main reason I wanted to learn it because I feel that I am entirely too right-handed dominant. So, an added bonus is that this method is much faster which appeals to my "must get this done now!" side. Wohoo---maybe this blanket will be ready by the time we need it! It'll take at least a few years to finish it! :)
Today was a rare day for the Patterson-Cote household: Chris came home early today! He was home by 5:30pm. Wow! He went to the gym for a little bit, had his meeting, and is now making a salad to go with our pizza for dinner. Healthy, I know! :) Well, what can you do...
Chris wants me to write about their love of Tape here. They put tape and plastic on everything. Produce labels are securely fastened to cucumbers, apples, oranges, tomatoes, avocados, and pretty much every other unmentioned form of fruit or vegetable with a strong, cheap, boxing adhesive tape. At the cash register, they put little pieces of tape on plastic containers to make sure they stay shut. They'll put little pieces of tape on just about anything. I'm surprised children don't walk around with tape holding things together. Come to think of it, I haven't seen that many children around here. I guess that is the Urban Environment for you. They aren't usually wandering the streets. Though, the other day, I was on the train with a bunch of children in school uniforms. School had just been let out.
...a few hours later...
Okay, well, it is time for bed now...I know I can speak for Chris in saying that we hope those in Philadelphia really enjoy the snow for us! We miss it! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment